Gestures Text File inquiry .

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:40 PM
 First of all I can't describe how I'm grateful for you , I developed my graduation project depending on your API , I'm really impressed of your work and wish for you more success.

____My question is : what is the data written in text files ?____
example "-0.960175987720353"

are they the coordinates of skeleton for each frame or what ?

please explain this to me .

Thanks so much . :)
Apr 11, 2015 at 7:50 AM
They are the coordinates of skeleton of each frame with respect to the origin measured from the centre of the shoulder joints.
Apr 11, 2015 at 11:27 AM
Thanks for your response sir .

However, I need more illustration please on this point . For example how those coordinates are recorded and when ? , Please post a link with your documentation .

Thanks in advance .
Apr 11, 2015 at 11:44 AM
@survivor_11: There is an inbuilt structure(Point structure) to return the 2D coordinates of any point(here, any joint). But the coordinates are measured from origin with respect to the Kinect axis. The Skeleton2DDataExtract.cs is self explanatory on how the coordinates are extracted and normalized for any person. We merely perform some manipulation on them to save it into the form of a text file(explained in the Main Window.xaml.cs)

Hope that I helped.

I don't have a proper documentation on the code yet because I am not the author. :D And don't call me sir!! I am just an undergraduate student looking to improve the code for my final year project.